Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

friends, fellowship, and frisbee

my absolute favortie days of summer are the ones where I wake up early, have a full never-stop-going day, and think that this morning was yesterday. today was one of those days.

I woke up early and has breakfast with sweet friends. we may have been too loud for some of the ladies in Edgar's, but so what? it's summer, and we're having fun.

after that we went to play frisbee..for reagan. it was..fun. but SUPER hot.
here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:

we were inspired by Stick It

we stopped playing..sorry 'bout it, reagz.

side note- can you tell I'm enjoying my new camera? :) LOVE IT

after lots of fun with my girls, we got to spend a night fellowshipping and worshipping. it hit me today that I am not going to be part of Hunter Street Student Ministry next year..while they plan all these new great changes and trips and retreats and what not, I'm sitting there getting excited until I realize I won't be there. I love this ministry with my whole heart..I don't know what I'm going to do without it. I never want to leave. HOWEVER, I am so confident in the work that the Lord is doing in our midst, and though I might not be there to reap the harvest of the work we're beginning this summer, I cannot wait to see hearts and lives changed and awakened to our Lord and His desire for us to come together as a body of believers! He is doing wonderous things through the staff and students of Hunter Street. I'm so thrilled and excited to pray for and see this ministry come back to life! we started a 4-part series on courage tonight by Francis Chan. we discussed having to sometimes stand alone in our walk with the Lord because it's not necessarily the "cool thing to do"..I am so thankful for a ministry and group of sisters in Christ whose desires are to win brothers and sisters for His kingdom so that they will also believe in God's unfailing and unconditional love for us..even if they don't think it's "cool" right now. will you join me in praying for our student ministry and the growth it is experiencing?

speaking of prayer, I have a request :) please pray every day for our student choir, Chi Alpha. in a little over a week, we will be loading up buses for Washington, D.C. to be the hands and feet of Jesus. please pray for:
- the students' and leaders' hearts - that they will be prepared and ready to share the gospel and that they will also see their own need for a savior and continue to grow in their walk with the Lord through this tour. I pray that the people we are serving will see the overflow of Christ's love in us, that we may love on them in the same way.
- the people of washington's hearts - we know that the Lord, even now, is stirring in their hearts and minds. they may not know what's going on yet, but I pray that they will be receptive to our message, that their hearts will be open to the good news we are bringing to them, and that whatever they see in us will lead them to a God who loves them more and wants to give them more than we ever could.
- the choir aspect of our trip - again that the love of Christ will overflow from the words and choreography in our songs. that the people of washington will not only think "oh cool dance moves" but they will see a light in us that tells them there's something and someone out there that's bigger than us and our songs. pray that in the next week, and in the THREE PRACTICES we have left, that our moves and songs will become sharp and that everyone will be ready to perform. we still have a long way to go, but the Lord is faithful, and He will make sure that we are ready to further His kingdom and glorify Him through our ministry.

our theme is "Crazy Love". His love for us really is crazy. it is only by grace that we are loved by Him and able to spend eternity with Him if we believe in His son's work on the cross. Thank you Lord for loving us and saving us!

thank you for hanging in there with me through these days of blogging :) even if I post very close to midnight..oops!

please continue in prayer for our student ministry and student choir. we leave for tour on the 11th and return on the 18th.

"14For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; 15and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised."
2 Corinthians 5:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment