Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

the purpose of the Lord WILL stand!

let's take a poll..what is Lacey going to major in?
because she sure as heck doesn't know.
right now it's between elementary education and graphic design..
quite the opposite ends of the spectrum, huh?

I picked up Better Homes and Gardens DIY magazine at Publix the other day..and this little article got my attention.

it's about a woman in California who gave up her job to start her own design studio for stationary, custom invitations, etc. etc and how it's doing really well...her leap of faith just so happens to be my dream.

Lacey's Master Plan (before last Sunday) :
1. go to Auburn and major in Elementary Education
2. get married
3. teach kiddos until I have my own
4. stay home with my kiddos
5. when the husband and I have enough money, open my store selling my very own custom invitations and stationary..blah blah blah.
6. live happily ever after

well..this woman majored in graphic design. and after reading the article, elementary education started looking less and less glamorous by the minute. hence my confusion and poll.

as you know already, I'm the world's biggest planner. and if you didn't, you know now that you've seen my master plan. these plans get me into trouble sometimes. because like anything that takes our attention, it turns our eyes from the Lord. I constantly remind myself that the Lord's ways and plans are far greater than I can imagine. and that He will reveal to me what I am to do with my life in His time. although this promise is kind of hard to trust in sometimes, I know that whatever I end up majoring in or doing with my life, it will be to glorify Him because of the gifts I have received through Him. 

please join me in praying the thoughts that occupy your mind instead of Jesus. when worry or stress comes from worldly plans or other forms of distraction, seek Jesus' face and word. no plan is, has been, or ever will be as great as our Father's promises. prayers for the Lord's guidance in my life are greatly appreciated as well.

"Many of the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand!"
Psalm 19:21



No comments:

Post a Comment