Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

MAKE IT MONDAY: no crease pony tail holders

so..I tweeted about something I made and everyone is spamming me with questions of how to do the same. so, instead of replying to everyone, I'll blog about it. sooo....

WELCOME TO THE FIRST MAKE IT MONDAY, Y'ALL!
I plan to make this a weekly occurrence. hopefully I will keep this blog-promise! I know I've made so many. but this is doing something I love once a week. seems manageable enough. I've wanted to do a DIY or crafty post for SO long now! and this seems like the perfect opportunity. so let's do it!

so, here in Aubs, lots of girls are wearing these new pony tail holders that don't crease your hair. (good solution considering hygiene moves down on the priority list..hehe!) and they were ALL OVER Christmas Village. so naturally, I decided I should be like all the cool kids and get some. so, I spent an entire psych class googling them to find them at a discounted price (as in NOT $8 for like 3 pony tails). my findings did not please me...

so being the crafty girly that I am, I ventured over to Hobby Lobby.
while they don't carry the actual silk-elastic by the yard or by the roll, they do have headbands made from it in the jewelry/accessory/etc. section. not the most ideal purchase, but it'll do..let's get to the making.

WHAT YOU NEED:
Silk-Elastic Headbands (they come in packs of 2)
Scissors
Hands 

WHAT TO DO:

1. get headband

2. cut headband in half on both ends

3. fold halfs in half and tie a knot at the end


finished product! how easy was that?!
I bought 4 headbands for $4 and had one headband already. 
10 durable, non-creasing ponytails for $4. 
I have one in my hair now and I'm excited for it to not be creased..

I am super duper excited about this new Make It Monday thing! hope y'all are too :)
check in tomorrow for a life update..it'll be a good one. I have much to share.


3 comments:

  1. Where do u get the head bands from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine from Hobby Lobby in the jewelry craft section! They may sell the elastic wholesale online somewhere, but I couldn't find it when I started making these.

      Delete
  2. Do they actually not crease your hair? I'm a bit skeptical...

    ReplyDelete