Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

updates and goals

happy memorial day weekend, friends! :)
so far I've spent mine by the pool in my chacos. the tan is coming along real nice.
(pardon my ugly toenails)



anywho. let me catch you up on life.
this major season of change has taken off all too quickly.
I graduated on Wednesday. what? graduated? scary. hasn't hit me yet.


such beautiful friends and sisters! so proud of these ladies


ran to hug my best friend/soul mate Jane right after. so thankful for this sister!

how blessed I am to have such precious parents.

not only has my title as "senior in high school" changed to "freshman in college" and my school changed, but relationships have changed..the Lord has taken a relationship out of my life. He overwhelmed my heart with His love and sense of purpose. His ways are higher and His plans are bigger than mine. this change has been hard, but it will certainly be for my good and His glory! He giveth and He taketh away, and I cannot wait to see His plans for me unfold. this is all so new. but I am SO excited to experience new places, build new relationships, and grow even more in my walk with the Lord. I move into home sweet Helen Keller Hall on August 7th. whaaaatt. I am thrilled! not only because I get to spend the next year of my life with so many of my sweet friends, but I'll be like 100 feet from chickfila and starbucks. FIST. PUMP.

anywho. this summer is going to be spent with best friends and family. making memories, cherishing the time we have together, completing a super senior summer bucket list with my loves, getting ready for the next step, etc. it will also be spent meeting a goal. I don't know if it's stupid to set a goal to blog..but I am doing it. two of my favorite bloggers are Ashley at under the sycamore and Emily at today's letters. I want to be these women when I grow up. forreal though..does Auburn have a blogging/crafting major? they should. anyways. they blog almost EVERY DAY. craziness. SO, my goal is to blog everyday that I can..starting NOW. I may blog about something I did that day, something crafty, something random, something the Lord is teaching me, or something I just want to share. maybe about all five. who knows. it's a way to document the days of this special summer. it's also a way to get me to stop obsessing over others' blogs for a little bit and start tending to my own. I want to do this for the rest of my life...in college, when I get married, when I have kids, all that jazz. why not start now?

so there you have it..an update and a goal.
see you here tomorrow ;)

"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ."
1 Peter 4:10-11

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!! Congrats on graduation! You looked so pretty- not many can pull of that cap- counting me. Even after three attempts, I never got it down... Excited to find your blog and keep up with you on here. Looking forward to hearing about it all. Oh, and those two blogs are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just saw this! thanks so much :) We need to hang out again soon. Congrats on Baby Number Two by the way! I was SO excited to hear about that! Can't wait to meet him/her :) hope y'all are enjoying your summer so far!

    ReplyDelete