Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

quite an eventful Monday

yesterday was the first day of SummerQuest (our version of VBS). today is the second day. and I am home because I'm sick. I always get sick at the most inconvenient times. sinus infections, strep throat, and stomach bugs like to take turns taking over my body every few months. thankfully, I am not home with one of those today. just one of those "I can't get out of bed because I feel so stinkin' horrible" mornings. needless to say, I am sad that I won't be with my sweet sixth graders today :( but we still have 3 more days together!

I meant to blog yesterday, but then I realized that it was 12:30 and I had to be up at 6:30..so yeah. therefore, I will blog about yesterday :)

Day 1 of SummerQuest was a success! our 6th grade kiddos learned about how God and Jesus are our "sponsors" and how we can gain riches or popularity or fame but Jesus is the all that will satisfy! I am continually being reminded of the satisfaction that comes with knowing the Lord. nothing in this world will satisfy me! He is so much better! I hope that our sweet kids took this message to heart and realize that being "cool" isn't all it's cracked up to be.
best frands foreva :)

Reagan's class calls her "The Demon"...can't imagine why with a face like that..jokes, Rea :) forreal though, I can't imagine why considering she is the most precious person ever.

meet 6B :)


after a full day of recreation, Bible study, and silly motions to songs, I'm helping out with Oasis (activities for kids who leave later). this means lots of playing basketball and running around. yesterday, we played lots of bump, did some zumba for kids, played on inflatables, and watched A Bug's Life.

someone stole my camera...Chelsey.
not sure if I've talked about Mickey, I think I did in the frisbee post..but this is Mickey :) I've been his babysitter for a little over a year now. isn't he precious?


after all of this, I went to eat with Katelyn and Chelsey.
MAJOR side note - I was reunited with my best friend, Chelsey, yesterday! 9 days is way too long. it's the longest we've been apart and the longest we've gone without talking (stupid cruise). I wish I had a picture of our epic reuniting yesterday morning. but sadly, I don't. we've got lots of catching up to do :) so thankful for her and can't wait to live a bathroom away from her TWO MONTHS FROM TODAY! whaaat? I move to Auburn in exactly two months. crazy...I apologize for that other side note.

back to dinner..except for the fact that the dinner part isn't that interesting compared to what happened after..

Shelly (Katelyn's car) decided to go crazy and leave us stranded on the side of 150 in front of Zaxby's..our cars must have made a pact to die on us this week..watch out Chels, Alyx, and Caroline (and almost Reagz! two more days until you're 16!)..you guys are next.

so, we're caught up :) hopefully I'll start feeling better today so I can get some of the million things I have to do done.

have a wonderful Tuesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment