Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

life is good

I apologize for the super cliche title..but it's the only way to sum up this post.
a week spent at the beach and in Auburn = life is good.

surprisingly enough, I didn't take any pictures at the beach. I think I have one of my mom being silly in the elevator. my week was spent eating super awesome beach food (the Taco Bar in Seaside = AWESOME! waddup, best shrimp tacos ever!), working on my chaco tan (picture below), spending way too much money at the J. Crew Outlet (well worth my entire Oasis paycheck), and watching the sickening Casey Anthony trial..I'm going to allot myself one small paragraph to rant about discuss this issue.

how sickening..the hype has kind of died down now, but when I heard the verdict, it made me sick to my stomach. I think she knows exactly what happened..whether she did it, or her boyfriend, or one of her "invisible friends". I just don't understand how her baby, who she supposedly had an "awesome relationship" with, can be missing for 30 days and she doesn't do anything about it except look for her tattoo herself and party down. I don't understand. I am by no means condemning Casey Anthony to Hell as some have, because I too sin. I am saved by grace and I do pray for her salvation and recofnition of where she has fallen. but her carelessness for her child in this case just made me sick. HOWEVER, there is good news, Caylee's real Father   not Casey's baby daddy   but her REAL Heavenly Father, has her in His arms in Heaven, where there is more justice and freedom for her than there would be if the verdict had come out differently. even if we aren't sure how she got there, the Lord called her home at her very young age to a better and ETERNAL life with Him in Heaven where she is free from the abuse and negligence of her earthly mother. okay, I'm done.

on a happier note, check out my chaco tan.
SO much more legit than it was in this blogpost
here are some more random pictures from the beach.

 our "WE'RE FINALLY AT THE BEACH!" picture

Clayton and his BFF Ben wanted a picture with their ice cream..12 year olds..
however, I am a proud Big Sister of that little boy in the glowing hat.
after wearing my chacos to get something out of the car, he decided that he wanted some. 
so we got on eBay and ordered him some. there were tears of joy..okay, not really. but I was super happy! and they were here when we got home..
he loves them. and today he's at the lake with them..$10 says his chaco tan after one day will be more legit than mine after 2 months..stupid tan brother.
anyways...

after 5 BEAUTIFUL days in Blue Mountain Beach, my mother and I drove through the backroads of Florida and Alabama to get to my sweet future home for orientation. I am so in love with the town of Auburn and the school and everything about it. it's totes my fave. I cannot wait to be there in...
28 DAYS!
whaaaaatttt?! in less than a month, I will move into Helen Keller Hall with my sweet friends.
this summer has flown by, and I have super mixed feelings about its end.
missing my little underclassmen girls already :(

it was fun getting to meet new people and learning what I already knew about Auburn. gotta love those legends and traditions.

as soon as I arrived, I met the sweetest girl. big YAY for making new friends!
I am so thankful for the instant friendship between Kirby and myself! same major, too. funny how things work out. go elementary education! (SIDE NOTE : oh yeah! I decided on my major for those of you who read this post and are interested)

all the activities and skits and stuff were really fun..however, would you like to know what can make CWE even better?
wearing the EXACT same outfit as your best friend. BOOM. unplanned. both thought about calling. but no. we proudly represented Steve Moakler, Nike, Chaco, and myself (Totes by Lace..want one?) together. I wanted to tell everyone that we were fraternal twins and our parents still dressed us the same. but we kind of forgot we matched..needless to say, we got some funny looks and questions. "did y'all know each other before this?" "yes..we've been best friends for 4 years"..lost count of how many times we had that awkward conversation..

another thing that makes camp war eagle 10 billion times better...getting your perfect schedule! no 8 o'clocks and done before 2! FIST. PUMP. all I had heard prior to CWE were horror stories about the stress of making your schedule..and when I get stressed, it's like taking the average person's stress level and multiplying it by 3,000. yeah. however, I am confident that the Lord had His hand on me during the schedule making sessions. no stress. I only almost hyperventilated when they were counting down for us to start registering. after they said go, I registered and waited for the errors to pop up saying I had to pick different classes. NO ERRORS! praise the Lord! He is good! what a blessing! Kirby and Chelsey and other friends all got their perfect schedules as well. my mom told me later that the 3 moms huddled together to say a prayer for our registration process. so thankful the examples they set for us through their actions!

after our stress free registration, we headed to the business fair. aka - tables with free stuff. YES.


6 koozies, 3 frisbies, 3 tshirts, 1 cup, 1 water bottle, 1 sticker, 1 roll of toilet paper (again, love those AU traditions!), one keychain, 2 pens, 2 football schedules, 1 shaker, 11 coupons to various restaurants and bookstores, 1 notepad, and 1 mini snickers. Not Pictured: 1 pair of sunglasses, 1 water bottle, 1 panera Chocolate Chipper cookie (aka THE BEST EVER), and more coupons.
the Auburn business fair will forever be in my heart.
free panera cookies and free tshirts = my jam.

and then I came home.
and so concludes the post about Lacey's summer vacation and college orientation.

peace out.

P.S. I may or may not be doing my first crafty post tomorrow..be on the lookout for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment