Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

cupcake wars, gallery walls, and birthdays

these are a few of my favorite things..
random post..3 topics (in the order they were listed)..try to keep up.

CUPCAKE WARS - not only is cupcake wars like my favorite show ever..it's also a family-favorite past time. this week my sweet bestest friend since BIRTH, Devin, is visiting. look how cute we were...(just do me a favor and ignore the bowl cut..and the stickers and awk places the pictures have been cut. all pictures were taken of a scrapbook I made when I was 6.)


anyways. so last night after spending lots of time in hobby lobby and target with my mom, we decided to have cupcake decorating wars between the three of us. I wish I had some pictures of the decorating process, but I was in the zone with my cupcakes. so here are the finished products..

mine - the randoms
Devin's - Sesame Street theme
Mom's - beach/animals/humans/not really sure

my dad was the judge..Devin's Oscar the Grouch won Best Overall and she won the war all together with a total of 14 points. I had 13 (I could only use my top 4). and Mom got a whopping 4 points. yikes.
it was a super fun and super yummy time. I love my family :)

GALLERY WALL - for about a year now, my mom has been begging asking my dad to put together a gallery wall at the top of our stairs. we've looked at paint samples and I made her frames for Christmas..and my dad and I FINALLY put it together last weekend to surprise her for her birthday! she and my brother were out of town so we decided to go for it.

Inspiration:
(mom picked this out in a magazine well over a year ago..I found it on Pinterest)

Before (kinda):

Progress:
Dad painted, I designed.

After:

I love it. she LOVED it! wish I had a picture of her when she saw it. I want to put gallery walls EVERYWHERE. they're kinda my fave.

BIRTHDAYS: not only was it my mom's birthday, but it was also my very best friend, Chelsey's. we celebrated by going to Iguana Grill. after stuffing our faces with Mexican food, we enjoyed some cupcakes and took some pictures. I don't really have pictures (no memory card in the camera. ya kidding me?)..so I'm stealing a few from FB courtesy of MK.

whole group. SO thankful for these sisters! and we love us some Chelsey!

gotta get a suitemate picture everywhere we go. 18 DAYS LADIES! FIST. PUMP.

and since I don't have a picture of Chels and myself..here's one of her and MK.
precious friends. so glad I get to live with them!

apparently after all this excitement, Chels went home to take a nap (after a trip to crash a boys' event at the student building)

and giving David a fish..because it was not safe in Amy's office.
meet the Fish Fairy :)
best student's ever? I think yes.

later that night we went to eat with her family
highlight? her brother got her a penguin pillow pet.

BEST PRESENT EVER.
way to go Trent.

we concluded the night with a best friend movie night and crafting up some bulletin boards for her dorm.

Chels, I am so glad you're my best friend. I couldn't ask for a better one. I am so thankful for your heart and your encouragement and your willingness to always be there for me. LOVE YOU PRINCESS! hoppy burfday..even though it was a week ago :)


1 comment:

  1. Love love love your new blog look!!! SO so cute. Love reading about your going ons... makes me miss HS and college days... :) SO excited for you as you head to AU soon. Oh, and your fam seems super fun. Thanks again for helping me with the gift. He loved it so so much.

    ReplyDelete