Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oh, how He loves us!

Hopefully this will be a short one..because I'm tired. and its 1 o'clock the morning.
but I am in desperate need to write what is on my heart.

I have found myself completely overwhelmed lately just thinking about the Father's deep love for me. I guess it's something I've never fully grasped. Now, I find myself weeping through every song, verse, and thought of it.

He loves me so much more than anyone ever could.
He loves me more than my parents can love me.
More than Alex could love me or I could love Him.
More than my friends could.
More than I can love being crafty, spending time with friends and family, diet coke, or paper boutiques (and if you know me, you know that those are my favorite things)

How is this?!
I will never fully understand how He could love us so much to send his son to DIE.

I love children. I'm going to be an elementary teacher. I spend a good bit of my time thinking about my future family and the houseful of sweet babies I hope to have one day. They don't even exist. and I can't imagine giving them up. Yet our Father gave up His ONLY son.

okay..I know we all learned this in Sunday school when we were four.
but really..I can't wrap my brain around someone giving their life for me. I never had until quite recently. it is a painfully sweet realization.

His love is unfailing. satisfying. unconditional. relentless. never changing. deep. steadfast. redeeming. perfect. there are so many I'm not saying. partially because there are SO many, and partially because it's 1:43 and my brain slowly shutting down. which means I should probably end this..there may be more later.

I am so thankful for the love of my Father. I am glad that my heart is His. He makes me beautiful and loved. He is jealous for me and desires my love in return for His. Wow. Overwhelmed.

"Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Vast unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love

Leading onward, leading homeward to thy glorious rest above!

Oh the deep, deep love
All I need and trust
Is the deep, deep love of Jesus!

Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He came and paid our ransom through the saving cross He bore.
How He watches o'er His loved ones, died to call them all His own,
How for them He's interceding, pleading now before the throne!

Oh the deep, deep love
All I need and trust
Is the deep, deep love of Jesus!

Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Far surpassing all the rest
It's an ocean full of blessing in the midst of every test!
Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Might savior, precious friend!
You will bring us home to glory where your love will never end!

Oh the deep, deep love
All I need and trust
Is the deep, deep love of Jesus!"

(Oh the Deep, Deep Love - Sovereign Grace Music)
(first song on my playlist at the bottom)

Lord, all I need is your love. Let it fill and satisfy me. Let my heart be after you and your will alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment